Sunday, August 2, 2009

La Caille!!! and...the activities committee

Today we went to La Caille for the first time (my first time at least) for my cousin Daniel's wedding. I have to admit... it was a long experience...but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I heard some bad things about La Caille, like that the food was over priced and it wasn't that good. I went with low expectations for the food and I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it was yummmo. First we had the ceremony, then we had hor d'ouvres and such while Daniel and his new wife Mariah took pictures (or so we thought... Steven and my dad caught them having a bit of alone time....). They had coconut shrimp and these sticks with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes on them. Delish. After waiting quite a while we had dinner. I took pictures of the food because when you go to La Caille, that is the most important part. We had some delicious salad (what kind? who knows.). It had blackberries and blue cheese in it! yum. Then the main course was steak and chicken (the chicken looked almost like a pancake.) and there was a BIG dessert buffet with creme brulee, cream puffs, tuxedo strawberries, mini tarts, and other delightful good things! And the cake (which was not done by my mother) had a peacock on it. Pretty impressive I must say. I think my mom is glad she didn't have to do that.
Ted with his suave new hair-do.
hor'douvres time
I enjoy coconut shrimp.
she's going on a mission.
I have three different glasses.
salad.
crazy cake.
awe......




Also... we just found out today that we will (eventually) be the new directors of the activities committee for our ward. We are on the committee already and apparently... something is happening to the current directors. Lucky us....!?

1 comment:

  1. You guys will love this new calling, that is our calling in our ward in Greensboro NC!!!

    ReplyDelete