Monday, October 24, 2011

Wedding!!!

The big day for my sister finally came and went! Here are some pics and favorite moments from the wedding:
(some are blurry and I am so sad about it)

 150 4" applesauce spice cakes as favors

 waiting outside the temple 
 yay for marriage! 
 Goodell Girls 
 family with out of town cousins


Top moments:

1. The ceremony. Meaningful and sweet.
2. Steven's nephews being so excited to help clean up. "Annie... do you have a garbage bag? I am collecting cans for my school's recycling project."
 "(as someone takes plates of cake to the cake table) Hey! Can I take one??" I love those little boys. Wish I had pictures of that. 
3. Steven's niece dancing like crazy once dancing started. 
4. Eating cafe rio wedding style... it was sooooo good. (you DO want cafe rio to cater your wedding, I promise). 
5. The coconut lime cake was amazing (I actually didn't try this until after).
6. Walking into the Commander's House for the first time and seeing all the flowers set out 

 bad blurry photo of the Commander's House (aka the reception center) 
 GORGEOUS flowers  in mason jars done by neighbor Lexi, she also did a HUGE piece for the buffet, it was  so pretty! 

Burlap linens and vintage lace overlays are adorable. 

And of course I didn't get a picture of the cake. oh yes, there was more cake. Coconut with lime curd cake and chocolate cake with cherry filling. Joy. 

Hopefully I will have more pictures to come and more blog posts. It was a beautiful day and we are so happy for Katherine and Travis! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie it looks fabulous! I was so disappointed to miss it :(. I committed to play the flute at the "adult session" of stake conference that night and hoped I would be able to slip out after I played to go... well it turned out our number was second to last on the program! By the time we finished, the reception was nearly over.

    I'm so glad everything went well, and everything looks beautiful! You ladies did marvelous planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was really wonderful! You did a good job and maybe someday there will be weddings in my family for you to help plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sister! i really liked my wedding too :)

    ReplyDelete