Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter Nerd and Texas Sheet Cake.

As you all know, the sixth Harry Potter movie came out this week. Have I seen it? Oh yes. I would've seen it at midnight but unfortunately the tickets were sold out so we had to settle for 12:30. My friend Heather came with us to see the movie and before we went she came over for a bit and we attempted to make Butterbeer (yes, we are nerds. but it was awesome). All it was made of was butterscotch syrup, cream soda and butter. It looked pretty, but tasted like we were drinking ONLY butterscotch. After a couple of sips it had to go. We also made peanut butter brownie cupcakes which were just excellent.
They helped keep us awake for the movie! And can I just say how much I love going to movies on opening night? We saw someone dressed as Hedwig and a house elf. I wouldn't have the guts to dress up but I enjoy it when other people do.
Me and Heather
Me and Steven... obviously.

Anyways... the movie was delightful and I loved it! there were some things that bothered me (only because they weren't in the book) but overall it is really probably the best Harry Potter movie that has come out so far.

On Thursday I got to hang out with Jillian while Steven was at an Incubus concert. We have a tradition of getting cheese fries at Training Table (which are half off right now on Mondays - Thursdays) and then making a Texas Sheet Cake! So that's what we did. Then we watched the movie Persuasion, which I borrowed from Steven's aunt Lisa. It's a wonderful movie and EVERYONE should see it. Not the old one. The new one with blondie Captain Wentworth.
This is Jillian's wall of clocks that I just had to take a picture of. They are wonderful.

Jillian is an exellent chef.
I'm not quite as good as she is.
The finished product. It was soooo so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment