Sunday, July 12, 2009

Strange weekend and 5 month anniversary!


This weekend has been insane. Mainly because I've seen lots of people from High School that I thought I'd NEVER see again. It all started on Friday, with a Productions reunion. Productions was the advanced theater class at Brighton that did plays ALL year long. We did Godspell and A Midsummer Night's Dream (I was the wall.). I only did it for one year and that was enough for me. I have to admit, I don't miss the late night, everyday rehearsals and the "drama" that came with being in the theater department. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time and I don't regret doing it, but I wouldn't have done it again. So, on Friday I went to this reunion. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo weird seeing everyone again. So weird that I had to leave after only a couple of hours. It was fun seeing some really good friends again. It was at my friend Melinda's house, who I've been friends with since 7th grade. I saw my friend Katie Miller, who I became really good friends with doing a Midsummer Night's Dream because we found out we are both squeamish. Overall, it was fun to see people again... but weird too. I really wasn't that good of friends with most of them because......well....that's a long story. Here is the only picture I have from the event (and it really isn't mine).
Saturday was an ok day... I sat around a lot all day because I wasn't feeling good... then we went to Ikea in pursuit for dining room chairs... then went to Mimi's cafe.... Then we rented Meet The Robinsons... and then came home. Delightful evening.

Today we have officially been married for five months!!! Yay! Today we celebrated by going to TWO homecomings. The first was for my friend Russell who was a good friend from high school. I saw more old friends from high school choir and it was so fun!!!
This is us with Russ. He went to Taiwan and is having a hard time speaking English again. It's pretty funny I have to admit.

The second homecoming we went to was for Steven's cousin Matt... who I grew up with in my old ward. So we went back to my old ward for the first time since we got married. I was pretty freaked out going back... mainly because I had no idea what it was going to be like seeing Matt again and being like, "So... I guess we're related now......?" Um yeah. And that's pretty much how it went when we actually DID speak. and I saw TONS of people who I knew from High School there... the whole football team and such... And I say again... it was WEIRD.

I had to throw in this picture from Matt's homecoming party because it's just sooo cute.
How precious is this little girl??!?! Pretty darn precious I think. She is our niece and she is one of the sweetest little babies I've ever seen.

After the homecomings we went to my parent's for dinner and watched the movie Knowing. Strange movie, but exciting.

And might I just say how excited I am for Harry Potter 6 this week??? We are seeing it at 12:30 on Tuesday night and I am stoked!!!

Anyways, I should go get some sleep. ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment