Wednesday, May 26, 2010

interns, wedding cakes, and pie.

Summer semester officially started last week so, as always, we are busy with school. Although... Steven is only taking two classes so it doesn't really count for him. :)

We have lots of things going on this summer! I am going to school full time, still working at the day care, we just got called to be in the nursery for our ward, and I have an internship! My internship is through SLCAP Headstart and I will be working mainly with teen moms and educating them about parenting (which will be strange because.... I'm not a parent....hmmmm). I'm kind of nervous and excited for this position. I just started today and it has been a VERY eye opening experience so far. I hope that I will be able to create positive change in these people's lives.

What else have I done? I made my first wedding cake!!! yes. you heard me right. not a birthday cake, not an anniversary cake, a WEDDING cake. pictures soon to come.

and of course, I had to make a list of my other plans for the summer. Here's all the amazing things I plan on doing this summer:

1. go to cupcake shops (Paige, are you still in??) rumor has it that So Cupcake and Nielsen's Frozen Custard has custard cakes... mmmmmmm
2. paint our table and chairs
3. go to more outdoor movies
4. make a delicious peanut butter pie with oreo crust, recipe courtesy of the Pioneer Woman.
5. get in the habit of exercise, for reals this time.
6. Go on a little getaway trip with Steven somewhere... possibly Seattle? San Francisco? Who knows!
7. watch Young Victoria at least 3 times
8. Go to Boulder
9. shop the semi-annual sales coming up!
10. hang out with Holly, Heather, and Sage. LOTS.


more things to come I'm sure... but for now I'll leave it at that. you should all come party at our new place. You can eat some peanut butter pie with us. :)

3 comments:

  1. love those goals!! can't wait to see pics of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so in. call me girlfriend! and then call me again when you make that peanut butter pie. and then again when you see outdoor movies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post - you as so cute! Lisa

    ReplyDelete