Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cooking Adventures: Part 1

Since I am now a college graduate and need something to do in the evenings, I made a goal to try some of the recipes I have been wanting to make for a while and also learn new things with baking and cooking. I just think food is so great, and that I should make more of it. Last night, I had the chance to go to a cupcake decorating class (something I've wanted to get more practice on) and took some pictures of what I got to make:

Exhibit A: The Daisy Cupcake



Exhibit B: Hydrangeas 



Exhibit C: Ice Cream Swirl (that's what I call it) 
I think the icing on this one is bigger than the cupcake itself, but that's what makes it soooo yummy.

Other things I'm going to try? Stuffed pasta shells, chocolate-almond torte, caramelized bananas, among other things. It will be wonderful and delicious... or at least I think it will be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS. Ummm.. Can we have a "study session" PLEASE!? I am in dire need of some Annie/cooking time.. Also, we can start trying to study for our state boards for the CFLE! :D Get ahold of me pronto. :) These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! we can taste test them if you want.....

    ReplyDelete