Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Musings of a potential future Wedding Planner

All this wedding planning for Kat Call has made me think how fun being an Event Planner could be. Planning a wedding is a bit less stressful when you're not planning your own.

So, I am applying to SLCC this semester to take a few Event Planning classes! Just one or two, to start. I think it should be fun though. :)

Here are some things we (me, mom, and Katherine) are thinking for the reception:

 Booked the Commander's House at Fort Douglas for the reception (imagine those trees with lots of pretty fall leaves)
Mason jar arrangements with twine and then put in rustic wood boxes
Mexican Catering from Rico's! 

Everything else is still getting figured out. We just need to rent linens, dinnerware and flatware, invitations, Katherine's dress issues (she needs a "bolero"), MY outfit... etc. etc. etc. Fun!

I never did get one of those anthropologie dresses. Instead we are going the neutral color route for bridesmaid dresses. We thought it'd be really cute with the rust orange flowers we are doing. What do you think of these?
 Ann Taylor dress
 Picture this dress in Khaki with an orange or green sweater and a belt. I know it's tricky, but we think it could be super cute.
Obviously, this would need a sweater and belt too.

Let me know what you think, I like them all!

5 comments:

  1. I want to take the classes with you! We can start our own wedding planning business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! Let's DO it!!! It would be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh annie, you're the best sister ever :) okay, so i think i'm nixing the wood boxes. i want the jars to be seen. they look so pretty when you can see the stems of the flowers. what i really need help on is wedding invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! I totally have that first Ann Taylor dress, but its in grey and black. I LOVE it! I vote for that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah wedding Planning would be so fun! You should definitely do it, that is something you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete