Wednesday, October 24, 2012

London Trip

I just got back from my London trip last night and needless to say, I had an amazing time there. I didn't want to come home, it was such a great trip!

I love British people. They are so great. I love how they say, "mind the gap" when you get off the Tube, or "I fancied a holiday..." ahhhh!!! It was all just so great.

It's going to take me a while to blog about everything I did, so I'll start with the first part of our trip, which was Bath. Here are some pics:


 Regency Tea Room at the Jane Austen Centre

 The Royal Crescent 

 Well's (not Wales) Cathedral 




ummm...something weird happened here. But this is the Glastonbury Tor... a place that is rumored to be the mystical island of Avalon.....? 


 view from the top of the Tor 

 Glastonbury Abbey 
 King Arthur's grave?.....

 Ok, this tree has a cool story behind it. The story is that Joseph of Arimathea would come to Glastonbury to sell and trade tin. After Christ was crucified, he took a branch from a tree, brought it to Glastonbury, and put the branch in the ground. When he did, it grew and blossomed. This tree only blooms on Christmas and Easter and the Queen is always given a branch from the tree on Christmas morning. 
 Annndd... this is the Chalice Wells Gardens. A place where Joseph of Arimathea is rumored to have hidden the Holy Grail, and the locals say the water is red from the blood of Christ
 Yes. you can drink the water. It tastes like rust. 
 The well. 
 Another sign about Joseph 
 The Roman Baths! 
 Stonehenge 
 Avebury Stone Circle (which is actually a little bit cooler than Stonehenge, in my opinion) 
 This was the Inn where Elizabeth met Darcy in Pride and Prejudice! 
 Castle Combe

Our b&b in Bath


There are the first few days of our trip! I will blog some more and post more pictures. 

1 comment: