Tuesday, October 30, 2012

More British-ness

Here are the rest of the pictures from my trip, enjoy!

 Caldicot Castle in Wales 
 Scary stairs (I had to turn my feet sideways to get down) 
 the ADORABLE cottage we stayed in (in Carmarthenshire, Wales)


 I could just live here. 
 Pembrokeshire Coast, sooooooo pretty. Can you see the roof of the little chapel at the bottom?
 St. Govan's chapel - from the 8th century 

 Random sign in Welsh.... it is so hard to pronounce 
 pub in Oxford where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien would hang out 
 The tower of London 
 St. Martin-in-the-Fields, we had an ancestor baptised there 
 changing of the guard 
 Big Ben 
 Covent Garden Market... some of the best shopping ever 
 St. Paul's Cathedral at night. Wow, just wow. 
 Gown of Princess Diana's 
 Hollywood costume exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum (I saw the ruby slippers!) 
 Shout out to Sorella Paige Wightman! 
 Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens 
 Italian Gardens in Hyde Park, Prince Albert had this built for Queen Victoria... awe. 
 tee hee. 
 changing of the horse guard 
 the Rosetta Stone 
Since tomorrow is Halloween, I give you the creepiest real mummy I have ever seen (they painted a face on it!) 
Trafalgar Square at night



Looking at all these pictures is making me want to go back. It was such a fun trip. I love British people and British things, I think I should just live there. 

You should go there. Seriously. You will not regret it. And when you go, eat some English bacon for me. And the organic yogurt. And then go sit by the Peter Pan statue for a little bit. And then bring me back a plate with Will and Kate's face on it. And then ask the Queen if I can have tea with her. 

Actually, I should probably just go with you. 

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me want to go back! You can come with me! I loved your pictures. I served for like 9 months in Oxford. Did you like Oxford? I need to see you and have a detailed report about the entire trip!!

    ReplyDelete