Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Homage to my mom

 

 
Last Thursday, my mom turned 27. Ok, she actually turned 50 (and she will not be too happy with me for posting that online) and so I wanted to dedicate a blog post just to her for her Birthday - isn't that picture of her gorgeous?? (Thanks Holly)

 My mom has many talents and love-able qualities: She is a fabulous artist (I wish I had some of her paintings to show you), she is funny, great at recognizing when someone needs something, playing with little kids, and of course, she makes AMAZING cakes. Birthday cakes, Wedding cakes, pretty much any cake you need, she can do it. Not only are they pretty, they taste soooo yummy. So, in dedication to her, here are some pictures of her cakes...






Yup. That's a Gandalf Cake.







These are the mini-cakes she did for our wedding, aren't they adorable??


I wish I had more pictures, but you get the idea, right? She's pretty good at what she does. If I can be just a teeeensy bit as talented and creative as she is, I'll be happy. :)

Mom, you are an amazing person. Thanks for everything you have done for me! Love you!

5 comments:

  1. OH they do look lovely, especially the lemon one (and the picture of mother one)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's MY wedding cake! :) Your mom did an amazing job and it turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS your cake Christal! :) It was so cute, I couldn't resist putting it up, you picked a lovely cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Liz! You're right... she's creative, smart, talented, AND she takes care of my baby when he is being neglected in sacrament mtg.. (and if I may say, she's not your typical mormon and that's one of the things I like best about her).

    Yea for Liz... and all the rest of the Goodells. The Boyacks are fans.

    ReplyDelete