Thursday, January 6, 2011

A review of 2010

 Oh my... another year gone by. I've decided that time goes by too fast when you get older. I can't believe 2010 is gone and that I'm (gulp) graduating in MAY! I'm off to enter the real world of working adults (unless I get into grad school... cross your fingers) in just a few months! 

2010 was an exciting year filled with big events. Here are some pictures of the highlights:


First of all, we celebrated our first anniversary up in Midway, such a pretty place.
 
 ...attending the famous "Pink Dresser" party (I'm sitting by my great-aunt Ellie and Grandpa Dan with the pink dresser behind us). The Pink dresser is around 75 years old (possibly older) and belonged to my Grandma and aunt Ellie. It's been passed down through both families for years and years, I had it when I was six years old and I kept all my Barbies in it. Aunt Ellie had a party so that everyone could see it again. You can read the story of the pink dresser here, it's a cute little story, I promise. :) 


 Trip to Seattle! ohhh I want to go back...


 Of course, seeing these lovely folks was probably the icing on the cake (and now that they are in Florida I get to plan a trip to Disneyworld....)
And of course, the annual Halloween party! The dirt cups with grave stones, the quacamole, the weird creepy movie, and Beau dressed as the mad hatter... what could make a halloween evening better?? not much. 

We had a fun and eventful year, and I am excited to start fresh again. I know it's TOTALLY cliche to say this... but my new years resolution is.................
to be healthier. 


I know, I know. I say this every year and it's not that exciting of a resolution. But, really, after visiting the doctor 5 random times in the past 6 months, I've finally realized.... it's time. Time to stop staring at the Pioneer Woman's blog while drooling and ogling at the extremely decadent (and fattening) recipe I want to make next. Time to stop worrying about things I can't control and focus on myself. And time to start enjoying the fresh air outside (or course, when there's no smog outside) and get moving! 
when I say I want to be healthier, I don't just mean physically, but emotionally, spiritually, socially, mentally... etc. I just want to be more balanced with everything, and I have a feeling that I'll actually make it happen this year. 


Other resolutions? So glad you asked:

1. Learn self-defense and become a secret agent like chuck bartowski

2. join a choir

3. learn to love vegetables...without cooking them in something fattening and delicious

4. find the cutest new dress for graduation with nicole (this doesn't count as a resolution but I thought I should add it)


I have a good feeling about 2011. I can tell it's gonna be a good year. :D 




 

1 comment: