Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Chairs

We FINALLY did it!!!! After talking about it for over a year, we painted our chairs! It took lots of patience, muscle, and good music to listen to, but we finally got it done. Here are the before pictures:



 
 Stripping off the old paint took FIVE hours, and ummm... Steven probably did most of it (do you like that sweater he's wearing? That was my christmas present to him. I quite like it. )  and it didn't even come off completely... even when I sanded it after. This was the most annoying part of the process. I hope I never have to do it again. I mean... watch Steven do it again. It was exhausting.

Yesterday we painted into the night... And this is what we got:







 Voila! New, pretty white chairs that match!





We are sooo happy with how they turned out. They may  have a few spots where the paint dripped a bit or we didn't paint as smoothly as we should have, but we're still proud of ourselves. My mom thinks I should've picked a fun color (I kind of wanted to do green), but I figured neutral was best since it goes with everything.. and I'm really glad I did because I can't imagine painting these chairs again after moving to a new place. And now I can go buy cute new chair pads! Anyone fancy a trip to pottery barn?

Who knows...after this, maybe we'll get around to painting the table?...

3 comments: