Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I can't explain it... but I woke up feeling a little sad when I remembered that Christmas is tomorrow. Who gets sad about Christmas?? Honestly...

I guess I'm sad that this month went by sooooo fast and I hardly had a chance to enjoy it. It feels more like December 17th than Christmas Eve to me.

However... despite the fact that the month went by way too fast... I really did enjoy our festivities we had last week. If there is one regret I have this Christmas, it's that I didn't celebrate the whole month. But dwelling never does any good... so I'll just share with you a few favorite Christmas things of mine:

First - one of my FAVORITE songs that totally gets me excited is "Here Comes Santa Claus" with Gene Autry.


Here comes Santa Claus!
Here comes Santa Claus!
Right down Santa Claus Lane!
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
are pulling on the reins.
Bells are ringing, children singing;
All is merry and bright.
Hang your stockings and say your prayers,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

Here comes Santa Claus!
Here comes Santa Claus!
Right down Santa Claus Lane!
He's got a bag that is filled with toys
for the boys and girls again.
Hear those sleigh bells jingle jangle,
What a beautiful sight.
Jump in bed, cover up your head,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
My dad ALWAYS played this on Christmas Eve when I was little. It makes me feel like a kid again. 


Second: here is one of my favorite Christmas stories that President Faust talks about. You should all read it. It's about a Japanese music professor who asks to bring his choir to the American army base to perform on Christmas Eve (Not too long after World War II). such a good story. It just shows how powerful forgiveness and love can be.
http://lds.org/ensign/2004/12/the-power-of-peace?lang=eng


I hope you ALL have a very Merry Christmas and that you get everything you wanted tomorrow!! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment