Friday, December 17, 2010

Done!!!

 Hello everyone! I'm sorry for my long absence... I have been busy with finals, papers, and more finals and papers. Oh, and grad school applications. A word of advice to fellow students: don't take two super crazy writing classes at the same time. Unless you're an English major, then... I suppose you really don't have a choice. 

I decided that making yummy food is key to helping you not go insane with finals. Ok... not really, but making it is fun. I have to share these with you to convince you to make them, because they are soooooo yummy.  These are some of the things I made:







Ohhhhh my gosh. this pizza was heavenly. Divine. Delicious. And so simple. I made this with Nicole while we studied together. This miracle of a pizza included pesto instead of regular tomato sauce, plus fresh mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and tomato slices. that's it. Sooooo good. You have to make it. Makes studying so much more fun when you have good food to look forward to.


And then, there was trifle. Triple Chocolate Peppermint Trifle to be exact. Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding (homemade and super easy), and white chocolate-peppermint mousse. ooohhhh my word. this changed my life.  I stole this recipe from Martha Stewart and made it for my work party last week and I think I need to make it at least one more time before the holidays are over (Thanks Lisa for the bowl, you will get it back, I promise!). 


Now that I am done with school, I just realized that christmas is ummm.... like 8 days away. And I don't feel very christmasy! :( I don't know what to do. What do you do when you don't feel christmasy?




I am pretty excited for the Christmas break though. I have plans to shop, cook, sleep, and catch up on fav shows and movies (I will also try to keep up with the blog more).

4 comments:

  1. CHRISTMASY happens to be my special-ity.
    First, you must listen to Christmas CD's that you had whilst growing up (the carpenters, Mannheim steamroller and the like).
    Second, you must watch a Christmas flick (Mara Wilson Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, or anything on Hallmark or ABC Family no matter how cheesy it is).
    Third, you must plan the gifts you will give to your family.
    Fifth, you must put up Christmas lights inside, light a pine-scented candle, and sip hot cider or hot chocolate (whichever tickles your fancy).
    Sixth, you must read Charles Dickens's 'A Christmas Carrol'.

    I sure hope that works. Also I love you.
    Those are my suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, that all looks De-li-cious! Yum. Congrats on having another semester behind you. I totally agree that finals and finishing up a semester totally zaps the Christmasy feeling. I always complained of that while I was in school... you're too stressed to celebrate the whole month (which is what I like to do), and then when you're finally finished, you only have a week to get your shopping done, and lets face it, christmas shopping is just more stress. I like Jillian's suggestion though of listening to music you listened to in your childhood, Carpenters being a favorite of mine.

    Have a good week, and I hope I get to see you during your break... the week after Christmas??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We maddeeee it! We survived! If it wasn't for our yummy delicious recipes and laughing, with just a bit of studying in our study sessions, I don't know what I would have done!

    Thank you SO much again for everything! I can't wait to see you again! :D Starbucks and Einstein... lol and shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. annie. bring back that bowl anytime...full.

    ReplyDelete