Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Everything

Ok, so I know I said I would post twice every week, so I'm slacking a little bit in the blogging world. But honestly, things have been hectic. Why is it that EVERYTHING happens in December? The holidays (which involves parties, temple squar-ing, baking, decorating, gifting, etc), grad school applications, and FINALS. I am not lying when I tell you that I have to write some of the hardest papers I have ever had to write in my LIFE this semester.

I am taking a class called Family Belief Systems and we have to write 2 "learning analysis" papers this semester. The first one we get back and have to revise, and for one of the first times in my college life, I can't think of anything else to write! Usually my ideas come easily to me. but nope, not anymore. There's a road block in my brain preventing me from coming up with any new, amazing ideas. I've tried all my usually tricks to get me thinking: outlining, brainstorming, eating chocolate, wasting time on facebook (ok this doesn't really help but it's often what I end up doing). So, I have to revise the first one and then write the 2nd one. I hope that road block is gone before I write the 2nd one!


Another paper I have to do, my research paper for Families and Social Policy about Sex Education for teens. Interesting, but... I just don't want to do it. Nope. No more. I'm sick of writing. Which is funny because the final for this class is writing two essays... ha ha.


Although, despite how hard this semester has been, I have really loved my classes. I have learned quite a bit from them. My family belief systems class has taught me about the nature of our beliefs and why we "believe what we believe" which has helped me be more open-minded to others. Families and Social Policies is the class that finally made me look at the government and see how their policies affect families and individuals- very interesting stuff. I don't think I could ever be a politician though. ugh.

With all that being said, I am super excited for the break! I don't have to work OR go to school. So, what are my plans? here are a few:

-catch up with old friends
-make martha stewarts triple-chocolate-peppermint trifle. YUM
-paint our chairs, for reals this time
-sleep in
-shop!!!

If you read through this whole post, thank you for listening to me vent about paper writing. I hope you had a good thanksgiving and I will post something happy soon!

2 comments:

  1. your paper writing vent post sort of helped ease my paper writing anger. so thank you. and i need to have some of this martha stewart triple chocolate peppermint trifle you speak of....YUMMMMMMMM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh Annie. I feel ya! We will make it through all of our papers!! :) One down..umm.. what, 4 more to go? I am in the same boat, I've never been so brain-dead when it comes to writing..usually I have to condense it cause I say too much! lol Oh man... I don't know how I would have survived this semester without you! :)
    We can do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete