Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts on a snowy evening

The U canceled class tonight, so I am here, alone, with nothing to do... well I could be doing homework, but why would I do that? That doesn't sound fun at all. So, I figured, with Thanksgiving being just a few days away, I should write down the thankful thoughts I am having... totally cliche, but still, it seems appropriate.

So here it is, my thankful list. I am thankful for...

1. ...a husband who cleans the shower (and that I haven't had to clean the shower since we got married.)

2. ... that the lady who lives above us can cut hair. Just had her do it for the first time and it is fabulous. And, I didn't have to drive in the snow to get to her!

3. ... this semester almost being over.

4. ...school being canceled tonight.

5. ...that the U cancels school more than my elementary school ever did... I knew I would get my snow days eventually.

6. ...Harry Potter. nuff said.

7. ...the kids at my new school. They keep me smiling and laughing. Today, we asked the kids what make them happy, and one said, "When someone on the Lakers gets a slam-dunk." I'm telling you, this kid is gonna play in the NBA or the NFL someday.

8. ...my parents for giving us cereal when I don't have time to run to the grocery store... and really, for everything they do.

9. ...for getting the GRE over with (at least... hopefully....)

10. ...Food. I probably like it more than I should... otherwise.... I would probably be the same size as I was when I got married. But, I still love it. Soooo much.

11. ....friends. Thanks for always being there for me and being willing to listen (and nicole... thanks for letting me talk about what I want to make for dinner during class all the time).

12. ...All my siblings and extended family! Mine and Steve(n)'s! You are all wonderful and add so much to my life! (that includes you Mark and Linda!)

13. ...that I have a job right now.

14. ...Target. I think I could live there.

15. ... Jane Austen, you have no idea how she has transformed my life (and my expectations for it). When confronted with a decision, I simply ask myself, "What would JANE do?" makes decision making a breeze...

16. ...Chuck. Castle. Glee. Gilmore Girls. 30 Rock. Wonderful, wonderful television shows.



Well, that's all I can think of right now. I hope everyone is home safe tonight and can snuggle up on the couch and be warm. And have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love this! What a great list, I'd have to agree with quite a few of them! :D

    ReplyDelete