Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting your blood drawn (without getting sick)

I have never been good at getting my blood drawn. My first time, I passed out twice in the chair. Now,  I hate hate HATE  when my doctor tells me, "We need to do some blood work." ugggghhhhhhhhh how I hate it!

However, the past few times I have had it done, it has gone quite successfully. No passing out, dizziness, nausea, etc. So, I am sharing my helpful hints with you so that your experiences getting your blood drawn will go just as well (unless that kind of stuff doesn't bug you, then you probably don't even need to read this post)


First: drink LOTS of juice before. Like, 4 or 5 cups (ok not that many really)

Second: take water or juice with you 

Third: Bring your mom or husband or friend or whoever with you

Four: LAY DOWN!!! 

Five: Just look away. loooook away

Six: Keep talking while you look away. Talk about the treat you're gonna go buy yourself when you're all done. 

Seven: Go get yourself a treat. :) One of my favorites is cupcakes. Yesterday, I felt like I deserved some new boots for doing so well, so I bought some (for $20 off!) and I feel great about life. 


Warning: If you tend to pass out even with laying down and all of these other things... make sure you go to the bathroom before you get this done, or you may go when you pass out.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment