Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's coming...

 I plan to go to New England to see the Fall Foliage someday.


I stepped outside at 7:10 this morning to go to work and I noticed that it was a bit chillier than normal... and it felt lovely.

And then I realized that it is September 1st, which means Fall is coming.

It felt so much like fall this morning. It even smelled like fall. I love feeling like I need a sweater when I go outside!

Fall means a lot of things to me:

-Pretty leaves (I need pictures of this)
-delicious food, which includes but is not limited to:
         * pumpkin pancakes are a must have
         * I plan on making Spice Cake with Buttermilk Caramel Frosting... something that has never been attempted, but I plan on making it happen because it makes me drool and cry with joy at the thought of it. I will tell you to come over when I make it... unless I eat it all by myself, or it's a disaster.
         * Donuts. HOMEMADE donuts. Something I have never done... but want to try so bad.
         * Homemade donuts with HOMEMADE caramel apple cider. 
         * Butternut Squash Soup, and other delicious, comfort-food soups.
         * Pumpkin Steamers from Starbucks
         * Halloween candy, it really does taste different from regular candy

- umm Halloween of course. Best. Holiday. Ever.

-How about the NAMIWalk coming up in a few weeks? 
-how about general conference?!? heck yes! 
- new sweaters
-Thanksgiving
-ummm did I mention UTAH football!?!? pretty much.... it's awesome.


Now I am off to Boulder where it feels like deathly summer to help me get really excited for fall. 
        


1 comment:

  1. Hooray for fall! It totally did smell like fall outside today, it smells AMAZING! I've always wanted to go to New England and see the fall foliage! And see if Stars Hollow really exists.... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete