Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bargain mirrors

So, here's the scoop. About a month or so ago.... I was moseying through Tai Pan and I found these 8 x 10 inch mirrors that were on sale for $2.50. I was with a friend and we talked about how cute it would be to get a few of those and arrange them in a cute way.... Well... after we left I kept thinking about them. I had been looking for one big mirror to put in our living room (they say mirrors make a room look bigger).. but large mirrors can be quite expensive. I kept thinking about it and decided to get a few. I went back and the mirrors weren't $2.50 anymore... they were $1.96!!!!!!!! So I got six of them... all for about $12.00. They were white originally and Steven and I both thought that they didn't stand out very much against our wall, so I spray painted them dark brown (PS - if you live in a basement NEVER spray paint inside. I wasn't smart and me and Steven both paid for it.)
Plus, the corners were all yellow and icky... so they needed to be painted anyways.

After I painted them I sanded the edges a little bit to give them an antiquey look.

After they were all done I was trying to figure out some fun way I could arrange them all and hang them. Unfortunately, I am not that creative and couldn't think of any combination that I didn't think would look strange. I called my sister-in-law for help and we both decided it'd probably look best if I just did them in three in a row. We hung them up and very sadly... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I am starting to get used to it but at first I was a bit disappointed because it looked cuter in my head. I'm not sure if I'll keep them up there or not.


Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Your idea and the finished project are very cute! I wish I were creative like that. Your Holly family pictures are really cute too! Love to you! This is Lisa and not Mark even if the note says I am Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Annie! You clever gal you. :)

    ReplyDelete