Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Halloween Craft

I have a test in two days, a test that I haven't even begun to study for. I really REALLY want to make some chex nutty-buddies, even though I've already eaten two brownies (no, I'm not pregnant, thank you for asking.). To help with my boredom and to stay away from more sweets, I will post a blog.



Since I said in my "fall to-do list" that I was going to do make some Halloween Decorations, I thought I should post some that I do. I finished these blocks just last night and I'm fairly pleased with the results. The only thing I am not pleased with is the letters. Normally for holiday blocks I use rub-on or stick-on letters, but I couldn't find any I liked so I went with a stencil to paint the letters on... and I will avoid doing it again at ALL costs.


I had to redo the "H" in "Happy" three times. I had to keep putting new paper on and then redoing it. It just came out gloopy each time. And that "a" in happy? oh goodness. those squiggle marks were so NOT on purpose. I would've fixed it but I was out of that orange paper. all well... the squiggles aren't so bad I suppose. :) There were some others (as I'm sure you can see) that needed fixing as well but I only fixed the worse ones because I just wanted to be done.

despite the silly stenciled letters, I still like them. And now, I think I'll go study.

No comments:

Post a Comment