Thursday, May 19, 2011

My new hobby

So... now that I am done with school, I have a bit more free time on my hands. You might be surprised by one of the things I have done to occupy my time.... and you'll probably think I'm really, really weird.

While Steven and I are not planning on having kids till he's at least done with school, I have really been into baby name hunting lately.

Does this mean I'm baby hungry? Maybe just a smidge. Just a smidge. It's just so fun to look at names and their meanings. Besides, there's nothing wrong with planning ahead, right?

Here are my favorites so far for a girl:

1. Pippa (Phillipa). Don't laugh, you know that you love it! I LOVE it.  I was inspired by the Royal Wedding, AND it means "Lover of Horses." I love horses, so naturally, this is a perfect name. Maybe I'll throw Jane in there for a middle name. Phillipa Jane Hamilton. Awww..... Can you tell this is my favorite right now?

2. Elizabeth. It's my middle name. And my mom's name. It's classy and timeless. And it has several different choices of nicknames: Liz, Lizzy, Libby, Liza, Eliza, Beth, etc... the possibilities are endless. You get so much out of one name, it's very resourceful.

3. Ellie (Eleanor). Steven's grandma's name, my Great Aunt's name. I like family names. Plus it's pretty and cute.

4. Charlotte. Love love love it.

5. Eunice.  ok not really, I just had to throw it in there.


6. Victoria. Because I love the movie Young Victoria.

7. Alice. Simple and adorable. 


What about boy names? This is harder for me, but I have a few favorites:

1. Jeremy. Another family name.

2. Emmett... I know it's a twilight name but I love it!

3. Colin. Partly because of Colin Firth. I just have to convince Steven that he loves this name too.


That's all I have right now. Needless to say, our kids are going to have great names. I will probably have 10 kids just so I can use all of my favorite names. Or I need to find a new hobby.

3 comments:

  1. You don't need to wait till school is done. Justin is still in school and we have a baby. :) You need to come visit and meet her. She's just so darling and teensy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to come visit her so bad! We miss you guys. Her pictures are adorable. And her name is adorable, by the way. Grace Madelyn. Very classy. Blog worthy I would say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Your name picks are so cute! But I call Charlotte :) ha ha.

    ReplyDelete