Monday, May 23, 2011

Please help

As some of you may know, I had a job interview last Friday with a place called "Kids on the Move". I applied for a position with their Early Head Start program.

I felt ok before the interview, but when they asked me to come in and sit at the head of a table with 5 people staring at me, my mind suddenly went blank and all I could think of for answers to questions was "uhhhhhhhh....." yeah. no good.

I just called the U's human resource department about a job there, and I left a ridiculously long message, and then remembered that I probably ought to tell them I'm really interested in the job, so I made an already long message way too long, which made me panic and I probably sounded more scared of than interested in the position. I really hope they call me back.

Why is finding a job so hard?? Why are interviews so scary?? Do you guys have any tips for job hunting and doing well in an interview for a recent grad?

No comments:

Post a Comment