Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Future

These passed two days me and Steven have been thinking a lot about where we'll be next year, or what we'll be doing... mainly because we have no idea. With graduation coming up fast we have had to think a lot about our options and what we should do. We are both waiting to hear back from graduate schools and I suppose we will go from there. I have to admit... it is pretty scary and stressful to be thinking about our future.

I have lots of cousins in town this weekend for my grandpa's 90th birthday party (and I didn't take any pictures! but I will blog about that later) and we have been asked many times "what will you do after you graduate?" Hmmmm...................... good question. Many of my cousins have moved away from their parents to a different state and the idea of moving away from my parents is something I have avoided in my head for a long time. Move away? From my parents? A different state? Umm... no thanks. Even though Salt Lake has its quirks and funny weather, it will always be home to me and it's hard for me to imagine trying to call anywhere else "home."

Sadly... after some job hunting and getting advice from cousins we've realized that moving away for a bit may be unavoidable if Steven wants a good job. There's a lot of competition in Salt Lake for the field Steven wants to go into (Information Systems) so... it's just difficult. I think it would be fun to move away for a few months to a different state... but several years scares me. It makes me sad to think about leaving everything I am familiar with and also leaving my family with whom (who? whom? what's the right word here?) we are so blessed to live close to.

Maybe I am just being whiny and overly anxious... but it's just scary not knowing what is going to happen in the next few years. But, at the same time, it will be really exciting to see where we end up and how our lives change along the way.

I know that things will work out the way they are supposed to and that everything will be just fine. We are anxious to be college graduates and to be out in the world! We will keep you updated on what happens to us in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment