Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Week Post 2: Poor Steven/Steve

I have two stories for you tonight. First: as some of you know... Steven/Steve had a bit of an accident last week. For those of you who don't know, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Steven sprained his ankle (we actually thought it might be broken) last week while playing basketball (always knew church basketball was dangerous). It was sad and tragic.

This is after it happened. We used frozen corn for ice, and ribbon to tie it to his foot, since we didn't have the ace bandage wrap thing. Steven is quite resourceful when he is in pain.

This is just a small glimpse of his injured foot. Sorry to those of you who don't like to look at feet. The doctor gave him crutches and a brace and an order to take lots of Ibprofen and ice it lots.

On a happier note, we are just glad this happened a week BEFORE his Birthday, and not on it. That would be truly tragic. 
Well, that was my little shpeel about the ankle. Now I want to tell you about how I ALMOST bought Steven the best present ever. Seriously, the best present ever. 


The other day, while looking for presents for the Birthday guy, I thought about looking for an old keyboard or something so that we could continue working on our piano skills (or in his case, glorious piano and organ skills). So, I started browsing KSL and found not a keyboard, but a REAL PIANO for $100. Ohhhh my word! I started freaking out, emailed the lady (because she only wanted emails) about the price and the condition it was in. THEN I called my mom to see how I could get a piano down here and such. THEN I told Steven's sister about it and asked for her advice with much excitement... THEN I went to look for it again... and someone had already bought the piano. :(

Big sad face. :( 

Then Steven came home and I told him about how I almost got him the best present ever.

And then we were sad

Poor Steven/Steve. 

But, it's ok. Because we will just buy some other piano some day. And it will be an awesome piano. And we will love it, even if we have to spend lots of money on it.

And besides, it's Birthday week and there will be lots of fun things to come! So, there will be much smiling and much celebrating to come.

PS - NEW DATE for my mom's Easter Boutique: April 21st. You are ALL invited, please come! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment