Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Week

This week on the blog, all posts will be about the guy standing next to me in this picture:


As most of you have probably guessed, this week is all about Steven/Steve because he turns 26 on Friday!

In his honor, I will be posting something about him everyday (or mostly everyday) this week, including our celebrations. We already had one celebration but since I don't have pictures yet, I will talk about that later.

First, I want to make a list of things you may or may not know about Steven:

- He has been into weight lifting lately

- He cleans the apartment more than I do

- He likes to read his scriptures in Portuguese (served a mission in Brazil)

- Steven can be quite the prankster/tease in the workplace (or so I hear, right Kiesha?)

- He reads quite a bit. Especially historical type books.

- He's been especially nice and has watched Pride and Prejudice with me- the 6 hour version with Colin Firth, and kind of enjoyed it I believe

- This probably goes along with the apartment cleaning one: I haven't cleaned the shower ONCE since we have been married, he always does it. I am one lucky gal.

- Steven wants to name a child after one of his favorite video game characters (Jon Marston or something)... yeah. not happening.
- His favorite places to eat are Cafe Rio and Tucanos

- He is named after his dad's best friend growing up

- His middle name is Alden and it was his Grandpa's middle name

- One of his dream jobs would involve designing video games, or testing them. Who wouldn't like that, really? 

- He really, really likes chocolate. I guess I have worn off on him.

- He's mad that we have gone to Yellowstone 3 times and he still hasn't seen a bear (I've seen a cub while hiking in semi-back country before. Knowing the mama must be around somewhere, that was enough for me).

- He plays "expert" on guitar hero

- One of his dream cars is a Subaru Outback (we go for reliable)

- He plays the piano and organ gloriously well

- He wishes we lived in Australia - ok not really, but it is somewhere he'd like to visit sometime. 

And that concludes my list for now. Keep watching the blog, I will be posting more Steven related things.

6 comments:

  1. i just love that guy. i have an addition to this list...steven once dreamed of becoming a park ranger. that is one of my fav factoids about my fav fake big bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! see, I'm learning something new about him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! that steven/steve, he's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha annie! I laughed right out loud when I read "...yeah not happening".
    Happy Birthday StevenSteve! I think that is a good hybrid name for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's always fun to read random facts about people! Steve is great! Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to add to this list:

    He knows all the GRE words! aka he's a genius! lol

    Happy Birthday Steven!

    ReplyDelete